New York Aviation Industry Facts
Did you know...
- The aviation sector has an important role in New York State's economy and in the communities served by airports.
- Annual Economic Activity attributable to aviation totals more than $50 billion.
- This $50 billion impact is 4.4 percent of the $1,145 billion estimated Grost State Product (GSP).
- Nearly 400,000 New York State jobs are directly or indirectly linked to airports and the aviation industry. All of these jobs pay a total of $18 billion annually.
- Aviation accounts, directly or indirectly, for almost 4.6 percent of total jobs in New York State.
- Airports and aviation pay more that $4.5 billion in state and local taxes each year- about 4.1 percent of the state's total.
- Aviation's annual economic activity is over $2,500 per New York State resident.
- Each GA aircraft based in New York State supports 5 jobs and generates $1.1 million in economic activity.
Source: 2010 NYS DOT Study on The Benefits of Aviation in New York